Ah, the magic of Iceland and the sweet salve of a daily yoga practice…we're going to blend these two elixirs to create a week of health, beauty and exploration! This retreat adventure will reconnect you to the earth and the elements.
By day we will embark on adventures of epic proportions in caves and lagoons, by waterfalls and under the (hopefully) extraordinary aurora borealis! We will take in the culture and beauty of Reykjavik and sample the city’s past, present and future through our taste buds.
The yoga will be a blend of Vinyasa, Iyengar, Yin and restorative, with ample opportunities to meditate on the beauty around us. Come light up your life with us in Iceland!
Our home base in Reykjavik at the Grand will serve as our retreat-home as well as practice space. A beautiful hardwood floored studio awaits the morning and evening practice while the kitchen turns out delicious cuisine to nourish your practice.
Iceland, where the raw and fierce beauty of the landscape is guaranteed to awe and amaze. The volcanic power that continues to form this island paradise is palatable in the hum of Reykjavik and in the echoes of ageless glaciers and exploding geysers. Explore waterfalls and geysers, case the city, find out what all of the geo-thermal fuss is about and finally, relax in the warm waters of the infamous Blue Lagoon. In Reykjavik you’ll find the rhythm and hum of the city with multiple escapes to unrivaled natural beauty. The best of all worlds can be found in this little island utopia.
INCLUDED IN RETREAT COST
- Mindful morning yoga flow
- Evening relaxing restorative yoga
- Foodie walking tour of Reykjavik
- Four nights in a luxury hotel in Reykjavik
- Two nights in the south of Iceland
- Full guided tour (with secret extras) of Iceland’s famous Golden Circle
- Gullfoss’ natural gorgeousness
- Geysir natural spring (time-able eruptions and a good indication of what’s going on below!)
- Thingvellir’s cultural and historic past
- Photo op at Faxi waterfall
- Folklore fun at Haukadalur
- Science, history and more natural beauty than you can shake an elf at (Icelandic “ha”)
- Nighttime sky gazing in the perfect dark of nature to spy the Northern Lights (winter & spring trips) with two chances in the south to see the lights – jump into the on-property Viking Pool or separate jacuzzi with a hot (or cold) drink and wait for the show
- Reykjanes Peninsula day trip
- Visit Hafnarfjördur (and the elves!)
- Cross the ‘bridge’ and the continental divide between the American and Eurasian plates – walk from America to Europe (ha)
- Check out the beautiful blue clay and bubbling hot spring of Seltún
- Watch the steam escape from the fumaroles and hot springs of Gunnuhver
- Elevated entrance to the Blue Lagoon with extras
- Full day south coast explorations (Exact adventure locations will be determined by the season and weather)
- Full buffet breakfast daily
- Four full dinners (vegetarian and non-vegetarian options)
- Transportation to and from Keflavik (KEF) airport
- Free wifi
Yoga has always made sense to me. Even before I knew what the term was or completed a class, I had the understanding that everything is connected. When I started practicing and living mindfully and holistically, it felt like coming home. I teach because I want the world to be a more loving place, and I think it can start by more people looking within (perhaps in my yoga class)
During my younger years, I played division 1 college soccer and ran half and full marathons. Because of this, I’ve come to appreciate the softness yoga can offer. In my classes, I try to offer this element of softness while challenging the body through measured breathing and creative sequencing.
I am ever an eager student of the practice. I have studied touch, adjustments, and anatomy extensively with Zach Dacuk and Ame Wren. I have also completed an 850+hr massage therapy program and begun offering massage and body work.
Learn more about Brenna at BrennaMatthewsWellness.com.
- Atrium Room: $3,195 per person
- Executive Room: $3,395 per person
- Atrium Room: $3,695
- Executive Room: $3,895
REFUND POLICY: All deposits and payments made towards the cost of retreats are nonrefundable.