Join Ame and Johnathon for their first retreat together in the medieval French countryside of Dordogne!
This trip is the perfect opportunity to combine once-in-a-lifetime locale with your daily yoga practice and community cultivation. Most days will begin with a sweaty practice to wake up and prepare the senses for an adventurous day ahead. After a day filled with experiences of your choice, you’ll cool down with a yin-inspired practice and meditation, prepping you for a peaceful nights sleep amongst the French vineyards. As with all of Ame’s retreats, each day’s practice will be catered to the group’s energy and inspired by the landscape.
This one-of-a-kind retreat offers the perfect melding of yoga and culture, making it a relaxing vacation and exciting European tour in one.
- Yoga most mornings and each evening with Ame and Johnathon
- 7 nights chateau accommodation
- 3 farm-to-table meals each day
- Wine tasting: sample the best of the region during an evening with a local sommelier!
- Winemaking activity at a local vineyard. Teach your tastebuds with a lunch food/wine pairing class and then create, blend, and bottle your own unique vino memories to bring home.
- Day trip to La Roque Gageac and Beynac including boating on the Dordogne River and excursions through the medieval villages of La Roque and Beynac
- Day trip to the famous Issigeac Market where you can experience the tastes and colors of a true medieval town
- Transfer (on arrival and departure days only) from the Bergerac airport OR train station
Johnathon took his first yoga class on a whim. He was new to Boston and noticed that many people seemed to have yoga mats surgically attached to their back when walking down the street – what was all this about? Not knowing what he was getting himself into, he signed up for a 2 hour Iyengar class at his gym – 3 blankets, 2 blocks and 1 strap later; he was in love. He was asked to move in a way that was completely foreign and he walked out of class eager for more. The benefits of the yoga practice were immediate for Johnathon and he sensed a profound shift had taken place – little did he know that this was just the beginning. Johnathon completed his 200-hour teacher training with the Boston Yoga School, directed by Ame Wren. Johnathon also studies with, and is inspired by Patricia Walden, Tim Kelleher, and Brenna Matthews. Linking breath and movement seems so simple, yet has a profound effect when practiced with purpose. As a registered nurse, Johnathon is also interested in how the regular practice of yoga can help students cultivate physical, emotional and spiritual health. His class is an expression of his love for playfulness and structure. He aims to provide a space where students of all skill level and background can find stability, play their edge and create space to let a little more light in.
- Non-Refundable Deposit – $500
- Solo Chateau Room – $2,995 (includes deposit)
- Shared Chateau Room – $2,495 per person (includes deposit)